- First Line of Defense for Inlets
- Retrofits Any Existing Basin
- Allows Nuisance & High Flows to Pass Through
- Easy to Remove
- Tire & Street Sweeping Truck Safe Design
- Structural BMP That Prevents Debris & Litter from Entering the Storm Drain
Pretreatment and diversion eliminate the need for a separate diversion structure. The DSBB’s deflector shield system allows the system to be installed inline and provides the unique advantage of providing both pretreatment and low flow diversion for above ground and underground infiltration basins.
Stormwater flows into a vertically aligned non-clogging splitter screen-directing flows into the TDO Chamber (Trash, Debris and Organics). The captured TDOs are suspended in a dry state, above the sedimentation chambers. Dry state storage of the Trash, Debris and Organics minimizes nutrient leaching, bacterial growth, bad orders, and allows for an easier removal.
During Storm Events
Between Storm Events
Trash, debris, and organics are captured in the filtration screen as sediments settle to the bottom chambers. Hydrocarbons are removed and absorbed by the boom.
- Filtration Screen – Collects and Stores Trash, Debris, Organics, and Oxygen Demanding Substances Above Standing Water in a Dry State.
- Turbulence Deflectors – Prevents Re-suspension of Captured Pollutants.
Trash, debris, and organics are stored in a suspended screen system allowing pollutants to dry out between storm events. This eliminates septic conditions and prevents leaching of plant-based organics into water.
- Sediment Chambers – Maximizes TSS Removal and Eliminates Scouring During Extreme Flow Rates.
- Skimmer & Boom – Collects Hydrocarbons and Controls Flow Velocity which Improves Removal Efficiency.
Maintenance & Installation
- No Confined Space Entry is Required for Servicing
- Cleaning can be Accessed through Manhole or Hatch above Ground with Vacuum Truck
- Separating Pollutants Minimizes Costs – Screen System Allows Gross Solids to be Removed without Vacuuming out Water or Sediment Chambers
- Screen Systems are Hinged for Easy Access to Sediments Collected in Lower Chambers
- Low Pick Weights: Delivered in a Top & Bottom to Minimize Weight
- 1 Hour Set Time: Internal Components are Installed Prior to Delivery
- Minimal Excavation: Bottom of Structure Less than 4ft. from Invert of Pipe